Business Development Manager – Singapaore
Mackay Communications, Inc. currently has an opening for a Business Development Manager (SC or PR) in our Singapore location.
Business Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Serve as Mackay’s primary account manager for shipping companies based in Asia. Includes firms based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, and other Asian shipping capitals.
- Focus on increasing sales from shipping companies whose vessels make regular calls into North America, Europe, and the Asian Pacific rim.
- Promote and sell Mackay’s key marine-electronics products.
- Build relationships with clients through attentive service; facilitating inquiries, and ensuring client satisfaction with Mackay services and products.
- Make sales calls; generate and present quotations; conduct follow up.
- Help organize and accompany sales visits by Mackay executives.
- Responsible for roughly 75 accounts; submitting monthly sales report; and attending trade shows.
Business Development Manager Qualifications:
- Must be Singaporean Citizen (SC) or Permanent Resident of Singapore (PR)
- 5+ years of successful marine experience
- 2+ years in a Sales environment
- College degree.
- Technical expertise and experience. Good working knowledge of bridge electronics is preferred.
- Self-motivator works well with minimum supervision.
- Fluency in English required, other languages are beneficial.
- Effective communicator, will phone and e-mail interact with many departments.
- Own a vehicle and possess a valid drivers license.
Mackay is a Fair and Equal Opportunity Employer who offers a competitive salary and full benefit package. Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of Singapore and pass a background check.