Collections Specialist – Mumbai
Mackay is actively seeking an experienced corporate Collections Specialist to join our location in Mumbai, India.
COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST OVERVIEW
The Collections Specialist is responsible for domestic and international A/R collections, cash/credit applications, preparing aging analyses, credit evaluations mitigating depot and customer disputes, and interacts with executives, managers, depot staff, and customers.
- Accountable for reducing the delinquency of an assigned group of customers
- Initiating outbound collection calls/emails in a professional manner while maintaining/improving business relationship
- Responsible for account adjustments including small balance write-offs, account reconciliation and processing credit memos
- Identify and resolve billing disputes in a timely manner
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
- Assist in the evaluation of customer credit information and customer credit lines are properly set.
- Ensure customer records are current and accurately maintained.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
- Perform other assigned task and duties necessary to support the Collections Department
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Exceptional ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 3+ Years as a Credit Specialist in a corporate environment.
- Strong organizational skills combined with the ability to effectively communicate in a clear, concise, and effective manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and accounting software applications. Microsoft SL preferred.
- Attention to details coupled with strong quantitative abilities.
- Consistently meet various deadlines couples with professional demeanor.
- Self-starter with a high-energy level; able to work independently and/or with the team.