Mackay Communications is a $80 million dollar marine electronics service company with 325 employees in twelve (12) countries. For over fifty (50) years Mackay has sold, installed, and serviced navigation and communication equipment onboard commercial and naval ships. We sustain our industry-leading position by hiring only the most skilled candidates, investing in their continuous factory training, and providing them with full technical/ parts and administrative support. The goal is to provide superior results to our customers and in turn, superior careers for our employees.
In our Rotterdam, NL location, we currently have an openings for a Southern European Account Manager who will drive our growth in these areas.
1. Serve as the primary account manager and increase sales to those companies resident in Europe whose vessels make regular calls into the USA, Europort, Singapore and Panama.
2. Generate and present quotations and follow up.
3. Help organize and accommodate sales visits to Europe by Mackay executives.
4. Expand territory to grow sales volume.
5. Responsible for monthly sales report and trade show reports.
• 5+ years of successful marine experience
• 2+ years in a Sales environment
• Technical expertise and experience. Good working knowledge of bridge electronics is a pre.
• Self-motivator works well with minimum supervision
• Fluency in English required, other languages are beneficial.
• Effective communicator, will phone and e-mail interact with many departments.
• Enthusiastic and flexible with a “whatever it takes” mentality.
• Professional, team-oriented work environment.
• Long term, stable, rewarding careers;
• Well-established, diversified customer base in Europe.
• Excellent tools for supporting a motivated account manager
• Mackay is an Equal Opportunities Employer who offers a competitive salary and full benefit package including use of a company car.
Candidates must possess a valid passport, Drivers License and pass a background check.