Financial Analyst – UK
Mackay Communications, Inc., dba Mackay Marine, is a USA headquartered, global marine electronics service and satellite communications company employing more than 400 people across 45 service locations in 15 countries including the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Mackay offers competitive salaries and benefits as well as opportunities for growth based on merit.
Mackay has an opening for a experienced Financial Analyst with the education, skills, and qualifications listed below to work onsite in our Redhill, UK location.
Financial Analyst Job Summary:
The Financial Analyst is responsible for all accounting tasks for Mackay Marine–UK which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, account reviews, as well as preparing and submitting tax filings. The Financial Analyst is the local point-of-contact for external accountants/auditors, customers, vendors, etc.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow Mackay’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Supporting, assisting, and communicating with the Corporate Accounting staff in the USA and India daily.
- Will perform monthly review of depot accounts and report to CFO.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns to HMRC on a quarterly basis.
- Assist external accountants/auditors in the preparation of corporation taxes payable as well as yearend accounting, reporting, adjustments, and submissions to HMRC.
- Process local Accounts Payable by collecting invoices, receipts, assigning expense codes, entry into Microsoft DSL, and recording or arranging timely payment.
- Process expense reimbursements for depot staff.
- Manage company credit cards by collecting receipts, assigning GL code, entering Microsoft DSL, and issuing payment.
- Reconciles supplier statements before forwarding to AP.
- Responsible for all aspects of commission account, arranging payment, and calculation of customer rebates.
- Routinely reviews, maintains, and reconciles all depot bank accounts. Serves as the point-of-contact for Bankline and international payments.
- Records and enters payments received as well as deductions for bank fees, etc.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with local bank managers, clients, and vendors.
- Collect past due accounts, keep Mackay’s Credit and Collections Manager apprised of status.
- Actively manage and report on depot inventory.
- Identify slow and non-moving inventory and work with NPC/GPC to identify methods to reduce.
- Responds to management questions.
- Special projects and analyses as required.
- Advanced accounting or bookkeeping education preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Accounting.
- PC Proficient; Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Maintains high degree of objectivity and consistency.