Information Systems Administrator – Raleigh, NC
Mackay’s corporate headquarters in Raleigh, NC has an opening for an Information Systems Administrator with Microsoft SL experience.
IS Administrator Job Summary:
The Information Systems (IS) Administrator is responsible for working as an integral part of the IS Support team to improve the functionality of our enterprise database built on Microsoft SQL tables. The IS Administrator will maintain and implement customizations to our Microsoft SL system as well as working with developers in creating new solutions to address users’ needs. The IS Administrator reports to the IS Director and works closely with Accounting as well as other departments and/or members of the organization.
- Supporting 330+/- users worldwide who request assistance as well as troubleshooting and investigating any reported problems in the accounting systems.
- Run regular database queries to look for issues to repair.
- Respond to event log entries and make corrections needed.
- Document and add new scripts and instructions for addressing any problems.
- Maintains, proposes, and implements customizations to the Microsoft Dynamics SL system and screens under the direction of the IS Director.
- Improve the functionality of our enterprise database built on Microsoft SQL tables.
- Test and document new screens, reports, and processes, applying knowledge of business operations, Microsoft Dynamics SL, and computer systems.
- Create and maintain reports, report templates, as well as user accessible imports and exports.
- Improves efficiency of Microsoft Dynamics SL workflow to increase user productivity and decrease data inconsistencies.
- Integrate Microsoft Dynamics SL with other data repositories, including Excel.
- Develop, write and/or maintain user documentation, operational procedures, as well as MS SQL Server database stored procedures and views.
- Maintain and monitor all SQL jobs that are run periodically.
Information Systems Administrator Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, computer science preferred or equivalent experience.
- 2+ Years’ experience in Microsoft Dynamics SL
- 2+ Years’ experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL Customization Manager tools.
- Report writing with Crystal (SRSS reports is a plus)
- Experience with accounting software and fundamental understanding of accounting principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally.
Additional Skills that will be a plus:
- Visual Basic for Applications (Excel and Dynamics SL)
- Application programming experience, preferably with Visual Basic.
- Visual Tools for Dynamics SL SDK experience.
- Experience with servers, back-office systems, and networking.
Mackay offers a competitive salary in addition to health insurance, paid time off, performance bonus, 401(k) and company-paid pension plan.
Mackay is an EEO employer, a veterans-friendly organization, and veterans with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a thorough background check