Inside Sales/OTC Specialist – Rotterdam
Mackay is currently seeking an experienced Inside Sales/Over the Counter (OTC) Sales Specialist to join our location in Moerdijk, the Netherlands.
Inside Sales/OTC Specialist Job Summary
The Inside Sales/OTC Specialist will interface directly with customers and answer questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise. Will provide technical guidance, timely quotations, and comprehensive proposals. Process over-the-counter transactions as well as phone orders, special orders, internet sales as well as inter-company transfers. Will assist other team members, customers and company accounts with parts ordering and fulfillment to support our business.
Responsibilities will also include material handling and shipping/receiving of goods which includes physical lifting, handling boxes, pallet jacks and may include activities on ladders, forklifts, use of power tools, hand tools, carrying and moving parts and equipment. The OTC Specialist is also responsible for maintaining accurate records related to the receipt and delivery of parts and/or customer orders.
- Provide a point of contact for customer sales, service, and information requests. Ensures that customer needs are fulfilled with speed and professionalism
- Assist in the research of basic technical issues on products and service. Collect symptoms of customer problems and facilitate repairs
- Assist with incoming sales calls and walk in enquiries from sales prospects and customers when sales representatives are not available.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Provide customer quotes and/or proposals quickly.
- Build the business by identifying revenue opportunities within the marine industry.
- Greet customers and determine if their needs are met.
- Respond to requests from customers for information
- Direct Service requests the appropriate team member.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped using ERP system
- Assist in replenishing inventory.
- Prior knowledge in Marine electronics.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as product brochures, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, safety rules, etc.
- Proficient at adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- 2+ Years post-secondary education.
- 3+ Years of sales experience, preferably in marine electronics.
- 2+ Years of inventory experience.
- 2+ Years in electronics or marine background a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, must be highly proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Excellent customer service mentality.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the Netherlands.‘