International Shipping Clerk – NJ/NY
Mackay Communications, Inc. is currently seeking an International Shipping Clerk with the skills and qualifications below to join our Global Parts Center (GPC) in Edison, NJ.
Shipping Clerk Job Summary
The Shipping Clerk is responsible for professionally picking, packing, and providing the necessary documentation to ship materials domestically and internationally. As well as but not limited to, resolving shipping issues and customer complaints, performing depot-to-depot transfers, applying freight costs to customer invoices, handling RMAs, and maintaining accurate records on the tracking, movement, replenishment, and usage of all inventory items.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Professionally and safely pick, pack, and coordinates out/inbound shipments including special deliveries or pickups as required by the customer or manager.
- Use of online shipping programs – UPS, DHL, Federal Express
- Ensures 100% on-time deliveries – does not leave until all outgoing shipments are collected by the carrier.
- Completes required paperwork for international shipments such as detailed packing lists, Certificates of Origin, airway bills, and proper use of Commercial Invoice(s), etc.
- Audit’s outgoing shipments and materials delivered daily, updates internal logs, and files any paperwork.
- Ensures accuracy of orders received; validates quantity, verifies part numbers, and serial numbers against shipping documents and company purchase order.
- Label and maintain inventory in accordance to established procedures.
- Keep accurate control of materials used, track freight cost and documents it on customer invoices.
- Daily control of ‘Kits’ checked out to and back in from MSE’s. Record parts used from service kits, restock parts returned, and maintaining inventory levels in accordance with department policy.
- Request RMAs from vendors for returns, warranty claims, and/or exchange parts.
- Assist with cycle counts and annual physical inventory.
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness and assist with depot facility maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk Qualifications:
- Associate degree (preferred but not required).
- 3+ years of international shipping experience – receiving experience a plus.
- Knowledge and proper use of commercial invoices for overseas shipments.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, Word, Excel, and online shipping software such as UPS, FEDEX, and DHL.
- Knowledge of proper packaging methods and ability to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
- Strong organizational skills a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet established deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience dealing with shippers, vendors, coworkers, and customers.
- Works well independently and with moderate supervision.
- Lift up to 70 pounds.
- Will work in office and non-A/C warehouse.
Mackay offers a competitive salary, overtime, and benefits such as health insurance, paid time off, 401(k) with match and company-paid pension plan.
Mackay is an EEO employer, a veterans-friendly organization, and veterans with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a thorough background check.