Inventory and Warehouse Coordinator – Dartmouth, NS
Mackay Communications, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Inventory & Warehouse Coordinator with the skills, qualifications, and experience listed below for our Dartmouth, NS location.
Inventory & Warehouse Coordinator Job Summary
The Inventory & Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for maintaining stock levels, accurate inventory records, obtains quotes for parts/materials/supplies, and verifies goods received. The Inventory & Warehouse Coordinator prepares, arranges, and maintains records for shipped goods. The Inventory & Warehouse Coordinator will also support the office by answering the telephone, greeting customers, and other areas as needed.
- Monitor and control inventory movement, levels, and records.
- Respond to requests or inquiries from customers, service department, sales staff, or other locations.
- Prepare freight packages to be shipped/received including banding and/or wrapping of pallets and driving forklift.
- Organize all inventory items in a physically accessible way. Label inventory items as required for shipping to customers.
- Always maintain entire warehouse area in a clean and organized appearance.
- Proficient in following Health and Safety policies.
- Execute depot procedures in accordance with Mackay standards for customers, sales, vendors, depots, and dealer needs.
- Handle customer service issues that pertain to shipping and receiving of goods.
- Support Sales and Projects Department as requested by management.
- Occasional preparation of correspondence, sales/service enquiries, and work orders.
- Data entry including processing of depot shipping and receiving activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Inventory & Warehouse Coordinator Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience in warehouse shipping and receiving.
- 2+ years working in an office environment.
- 2+ years’ experience operating a forklift and a pallet jack.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience dealing with customers.
- Must be able to work independently with little to moderate supervision.
- Comfortable working in a non-climate-controlled environment
- Physically capable to occasionally lift objects over 50 lbs.
Mackay is an equal employment opportunity employer, a veterans-friendly organization, and veterans with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the Canada and pass a thorough background check.