Inventory Clerk – Miramar
Mackay Communications, Inc., aka Mackay Marine, is a USA headquartered, global marine electronics service company with more than 400 employees spread across 45 service depots in sixteen (16) countries, including the Americas, Europe, Africa, and Asia. Mackay offers competitive salaries, overtime, and benefits such as a 401K with match, company paid pension plan, paid time off, and affordable health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance as well as opportunities for advancement based on merit.
Mackay is currently seeking an experienced Inventory Clerk to join our location in Miramar, FL.
INVENTORY CLERK JOB SUMMARY:
The Inventory Clerk will be responsible for professionally picking, packing, and providing the necessary documentation to ship materials domestically and internationally. Other responsibilities include ordering materials for multiple offices, perform depot-to-depot transfers; apply freight costs for billing, provide pricing for service quotes, performing cycle counts, maintaining established stock levels, and requesting RMAs from vendors for returns, warranty claims, and/or exchanges. The Inventory Clerk will also stage spare parts for service jobs, check parts out to technicians, and verify that they are returned or posted to a work order.
- Professionally and safely pick, pack, and coordinate out/inbound shipments including special delivery/pick up as specified by the customer or by manager.
- Use of online shipping programs – UPS, DHL, Federal Express
- Ensures 100% on-time deliveries – does not leave until all outgoing shipments are collected by the carrier.
- Completes required paperwork for international shipments such as detailed packing lists, Certificates of Origin, airway bills, and proper use of Commercial Invoice(s), etc.
- Audits shipments and receipts on a daily basis, updates internal logs, and files related paperwork.
- Responsible for maintaining an adequate supply of shipping materials always.
- Processes orders of materials for service as well as sales orders.
- Respond to RFQ’s from the service department, and via email, fax, telephone, and website as requested.
- Keep accurate control of materials used, track freight costs and document it on customer invoices.
- Request RMAs from vendors for returns, warranty claims, and/or exchange parts.
- Ensures accuracy of orders received; validates quantity, verifies part numbers, and serial numbers against shipping documents and company purchase order.
- Label and maintain inventory in accordance with established procedures.
- Daily control of ‘Kits’ checked out to and back in from MSE’s. Record parts used from service kits, restock parts returned, and maintain inventory levels in accordance to department policy.
- Responding to and monitoring email.
- Associate degree (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge and proper use of Commercial Invoices for overseas shipments.
- 3+Years Inventory and Shipping experience
- Ability to compute rate, percent, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and working knowledge of online shipping software such as UPS, FEDEX, and DHL.
- Strong organizational skills a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet established deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience dealing with vendors, coworkers, and customers.
- Works well independently and with moderate supervision.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Mackay is an equal employment opportunity employer, a veteran’s friendly organization, and veterans with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a thorough background check.