Mackay Communications, Inc. is among the world’s largest marine electronics service companies with 325 employees and 35 locations in 13 countries. For over fifty (50) years Mackay has sold, installed, and serviced navigation and communication equipment onboard commercial and naval ships, in all major US ports and internationally. We sustain our industry-leading position through strong technical talent, and by hiring the right people for the right job. The goal of our corporation and shared by our employees, is to deliver superior results to our customers and in return, providing superior careers for our employees.
We are currently seeking an Inventory Clerk, for our office located in Moerdijk, the Netherlands. Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
INVENTORY CLERK JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Inventory Clerk is responsible for tracking parts issued to technicians and ensuring that unreturned parts are properly posted to technician work orders. The Inventory Clerk maintains stock levels, inventory records, obtains quotes for parts/materials, generates purchase orders, receives and verifies goods received. The Inventory Clerk arranges and maintains records for local and/or international shipments, posts freight charges, maintains appearance of work area. Delivery and/or pickup of goods, other tasks as assigned.
INVENTORY CLERK RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains stock levels and inventory records.
• Obtains quotes for parts/materials, secures the necessary approval to purchase, issues purchase orders.
• Accurately checks parts out to technicians, restocks parts returned, and ensures that unreturned parts are posted to the technician’s work order.
• Receives inventory, verifies against Purchase Order, and enters goods received into company computer system.
• Arrange and maintain records for local and/or international shipments; outgoing and incoming.
• Posts freight costs for billing.
• Filing, housekeeping, maintaining condition of work area.
• Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
The ideal Inventory Clerk candidate will be punctual, reliable, self-motivated, has the proven ability to work independently in a faced-paced environment.
INVENTORY CLERK QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be proficient in speaking, writing, and reading in English
• Two years of college preferred.
• 2+ Years of inventory experience.
• 2+ Years sales experience desired.
• 2+ years of inventory and/or stockroom experience.
• Strong proficiency with MS Office (Word and Excel)
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Exemplary mathematical and analytical stills.
• The ability to interpret and solve problems and issues, using instructions, diagrams, etc.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without restriction.