Inventory Specialist – Ballard
The Inventory Specialist is responsible for maintaining stock levels, accurate inventory records, replenishment orders, verifying goods received, as well as the issuance and shipment for our Seattle, WA (aka Ballard) and Dutch Harbor, AK locations. The Inventory Specialist ensures that all inventory items are properly stored and accounted for in accordance with company procedures. Will also act as backup for other inventory staff and assist with OTC when necessary.
- Always follows Mackay’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor and control inventory levels, movement, and records for two (2) service depots.
- Promptly respond to requests, inquiries, or questions from Mackay staff and/or customers in a professional manner.
- Responsible for the delivery of goods and/or shipment which typically includes, generating shipping paperwork, preparing freight packages by boxing, banding and/or wrapping of pallets, and driving a forklift.
- Ensure that inventory is neatly stored, labeled, and organized in a physically accessible way that is in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Perform cycle counts and audits shipments and receipts on daily basis, updates internal logs, and files related paperwork.
- Requests RMAs from vendors for returns, warranty claims, and/or exchanges.
- Validates orders received against Purchase Order and/or shipping documents to ensure completeness.
- Contact OEM and distributors via telephone, fax, or emails to obtain availability and prices of needed equipment, parts, or materials.
- Act as backup to other inventory staff.
- Assist with Over the Counter (OTC) sales when needed.
- Will learn the electrical department and secondary electronics.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Inventory Specialist Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
- 3+ Years of inventory and stockroom experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Forklift certification is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel.
- Proficient with online shipping programs: UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure, to ensure deadlines are met, and is self-motivated.
- The ability to interpret and solve problems using instructions or diagrams.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
Mackay offers a competitive salary with overtime and benefits such as health/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, 401(k) and company-paid pension plan.
Mackay is an EEO employer, a veterans-friendly organization, and veterans with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a thorough background check.