Mackay is currently seeking a Jr. Accounting Specialist with the skills, experience, and qualifications outlined below for our Halifax (Dartmouth), Canada location.
Jr. Accounting Specialist Job Summary:
The Jr. Accounting Specialist is responsible for tax filings, account reconciliations, invoicing, and accounts receivables and payables. Other duties that typically apply are computing, classifying, and recording financial transactions to ensure the records of the organization are accurate and complete.
Jr. Accounting Specialist Qualifications:
1. Completion of a Post-Secondary program in accounting.
2. 3+ Years of accounting experience.
3. Prior GST, HST, PST, and QST tax filing experience.
4. Solid understanding of debits and credits.
5. Excellent customer service skills.
6. Ability to manage multiple functions at a time and in a fast-paced environment.
7. Thoroughness, attention to detail; good organizational skills.
8. Prior financial reporting experiences a plus.
Mackay offers a competitive salary and benefits.
Mackay is an EEO employer and a veterans-friendly organization. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada and pass a thorough background check.