Mackay Communications is America’s largest marine electronics service company with 22 service depots in eight (8) different countries, including every major port in America. For over fifty (50) years Mackay has sold, installed, and serviced navigation and communication equipment onboard commercial and naval ships. We sustain our industry-leading position by hiring only the most skilled candidates, investing in their continuous factory training, and providing them with full technical/ parts and administrative support. The goal is to provide superior results to our customers and in turn, superior careers for our employees.
Mackay Marine is currently seeking two (2) Marine Service Engineers for our Moerdijk, the Netherlands office.
Under limited supervision, the technician will install, service, and repair electronic equipment on board ships. You will test, adjust, and troubleshoot components, PCBs, sub-assemblies, and antennas. Load, update, and modify software. Use your knowledge of electronic theory and circuitry to address a variety of technical problems. Make intelligent use of complex schematics, blueprints, and manuals to accurately achieve assignments. Upon completing the assignment, the Marine Service Engineer will compose a detailed service report.
Types of equipment serviced:
• HF and VHF Radios
• A University degree in engineering or equivalent technical training, and/or 3-5 years experience
• PC proficiency
• Strong knowledge of electronics theory and application
• GMDSS Radio Operator Maintainer skills and or MARCOM certification is a plus.
• Be physically fit. Work environment often involves carrying 10-20 kgs, climbing ladders and masts, and exposure to weather
• Proficient in writing and speaking English
Mackay is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who offers a competitive salary and a company vehicle. The position also offers room for advancement. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the Netherlands and pass a thorough background check.