Marine Service Coordinator – Edison, NJ
Mackay is currently seeing a Service Coordinator, who is experienced in the marine industry, to join our Edison, NJ depot.
Service Coordinator Job Summary:
Under the direction of the Service Manager, the Service Coordinator communicates with our clients’, accurately assesses their needs, verifies ship arrivals, and dispatches our Marine Service Technicians with the parts needed to perform the job. The Coordinator will communicate with all key parties via telephone and email throughout the service experience and diligently help resolve any disputes.
- Providing excellent customer service by responding accordingly to customer requests and ensuring that the daily service requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Check on vessel schedules.
- Validate customer credit.
- Generate service call IDs in company database.
- Communicate job progress with Service Manager and customers, discuss any job problems, and send customer completion report.
- Coordinate depot internal logistics to maintain continuity on all work being performed.
- Review all service work, both in progress and when completed, and authorize for invoicing.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly depot processes are followed including: timely completion of service work, service and parts pricing, time keeping, time transfers, customer invoicing, expense reports, and general record keeping.
- Dispatch Field Technicians to the job site as necessary.
- Process repairs from receipt to delivery.
- Assist in facility management.
- Associate’s degree, in electronics and/or business is preferred
- 3+ Years’ experience in dispatching and field service coordination
Mackay offers opportunities for growth, competitive salary with overtime, health insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k) with company match plus a company-paid pension plan.
Mackay is an EEO employer, a veterans-friendly organization, and veterans and non-veterans with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a thorough background check.