Payroll Specialist/HR Admin Assistant – Raleigh, NC
Mackay is currently seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist/HR Administrative Assistant to join our 6-person global HR team at our Corporate Headquarters in Raleigh, NC. The ideal candidate is reliable, responsible, works well on a team, enjoys learning, and loves what they do.
Payroll Specialist/HR Admin Assistant Job Summary
The Payroll Specialist facet of this dual position is responsible for our multi-country payroll and ensuring that it is accurate, complete, and timely. The HR Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing clerical and administrative support in HR areas that pertain to recordkeeping, benefits, reporting, employment records, and employee recognition under the direction and oversight of the Worldwide Director of Human Resources.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date physical files for employees, eligibility documentation, benefits, and payroll.
- Responsible for special events such as employee anniversary & veteran recognition programs, birthday celebrations, and annual holiday luncheon planning.
- Directs employee and external questions to appropriate HR staff, answers frequently asked questions from employees relative to standard policies and benefits.
- Assist Director of HR with any clerical assistance needed.
- Process biweekly payroll for USA and Canada on a web-based platforms which includes collecting and entering timesheets, new hires, terminations, salary increases, and/or changes to title, banking information, withholding allowances, deductions, etc.
- Work with international processing firms monthly and on set schedule, to provide payroll data and/or changes, review computations for accuracy and respond to questions.
- Consistently monitor timesheet submissions to assure compliance to internal policies and prevailing laws, as well as routinely validating the authenticity of overtime against customer invoices.
- Government contract payroll reporting, i.e., Davis-Bacon, etc.
- Maintain records relating to overtime, paid/unpaid leaves, PTO anniversary increases, and taxable benefits.
- Provide payroll funding estimates for international locations and ensure that the transfer occurs prior to the pay date for the respective country.
- Fulfill garnishment notices and request payment by check or through online portals.
- Interface with processors on tax rate changes, new earning/deduction codes, calculation errors, etc., and resolve errors as they occur to ensure accurate quarterly and year-end tax filings.
- Maintain up-to-date payroll instructions and records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Associates at minimum.
- 3+ Years of payroll processing experience.
- 1+ Years of administrative support experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Maintains confidentiality.
Mackay offers a competitive salary, PTO, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(K) with employer match and a company paid pension plan.
Mackay is an equal employment opportunity employer, a veterans-friendly organization, and veterans with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a thorough background check.