Human Resources/Payroll Specialist – Raleigh, NC
Mackay Communications, Inc. is currently seeking an onsite, experienced Human Resources/Payroll Specialist with the skills and qualifications outlined below to join our global HR department at our Corporate Headquarters in Raleigh, NC.
Human Resources/Payroll Specialist Job Summary
The Human Resources/Payroll Specialist is responsible for our ensuring that our domestic and international payroll is processed accurately and on time. to ensure that it is accurate, complete, and timely. The Human Resources Specialist will provide clerical and administrative support in a variety of HR disciplines which include, but are not limited to, benefits, compliance, reporting, record-keeping, employment actions, scheduling interviews, and employee recognition.
Candidate must work extremely well on a team, keep his/her manager informed, and consistently follow departmental procedures.
- Process biweekly payroll for USA and Canada on a web-based platforms which includes collecting and entering timesheets, new hires, terminations, salary increases, and/or changes to title, banking information, withholding allowances, deductions, etc.
- Work with international processing firms to provide hours, payroll changes, verify payroll calculations, and submit on defined schedule.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date physical files for employees, employment documentation, benefits, and payroll.
- Responsible for special events such as employee anniversary awards, veteran recognition poster, birthday celebrations, and annual holiday luncheon planning.
- Directs employee and external questions to appropriate HR staff, answers frequently asked questions from employees relative to standard policies and benefits.
- Certified payroll reporting, i.e., Davis-Bacon, etc.
- Maintain records relating to overtime, paid and unpaid leaves, PTO anniversary increases, and taxable benefits.
- Provide payroll funding estimates for international locations.
- Reconcile payroll liability accounts monthly.
- Fulfill garnishment notices and request payment by check or through online portals.
- Interface with processors on tax rate changes, new earning/deduction codes, calculation errors, etc., and resolve errors as they occur to ensure accurate quarterly and year-end tax filings.
- Maintain up-to-date payroll instructions and records.
- Assist with setting up phone interviews, maintaining applicant files, and related reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ Years of payroll processing experience.
- 2+ Years’ experience as HR Coordinator or HR Specialist.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Conducts himself/herself with integrity, professionalism, and respect for confidentiality.
Mackay is an equal employment opportunity employer, a veterans-friendly organization, and veterans with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a thorough background check.