Sales Manager – UK
Mackay currently has an opening for a Sales Manager for the UK region who has at least five years of experience in the sales of Marine Electronic equipment, including navigation, communications, and satellite airtime.
SALES MANAGER JOB OVERVIEW
The Sales Manager works under the direction of the Managing Director and will solicit and negotiate the sales of Mackay products and services. The Sales Manager will recommend solutions to meet the customers requirements, generate quotations, prepare system layouts, and process customer orders.
- Responsible for assigned accounts in the UK region.
- Solicit and negotiate sales of all Mackay products including Service, OTC, Airtime, Equipment, and New Builds with new prospects and existing customers.
- Suggest new products, marketing campaigns, and sales opportunities to generate or create new business with existing and/or potential customers.
- Conduct sales calls in customer’s or prospect’s offices, submit and circulate written call reports monthly.
- Suggest new products, marketing, and sales opportunities to generate or create new business with existing and/or potential customers.
- Become the customer’s reliable expert for identifying and suggesting of beneficial products and services to improve the safety, efficiency, and competitive advantages of the customer’s vessels.
- Follow-up on sales leads, quotations, and customer inquiries on equipment pricing and airtime rates.
- Attends dealer training, trade shows, and stays informed on product, market, and territory developments.
- Keeps management informed of competitive developments.
- Assist with identification and control of inventory requirements.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all customer documentation and communication.
- Maintain and update price lists, ensures timely distribution to Sales, Technical Support, Operations, Dealers and Customers.
- Ensure the availability and timely distribution of marketing material, and brochures.
- Operate within personal expense budgets; prepare and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Meet or exceed assigned personal sales targets.
- Monitor procurement websites for opportunities related to Mackay product lines and services.Maintain good liaison with Customers, Dealers, Management, Operations, and Technical Support.
SALES MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ Years of experience in the sales and/or sales and service of Marine Electronic Equipment, specifically, Navigation, Communications and Satellite Airtime Sales and Programs. Knowledge of Engine Room Automation and Below Decks Electronic Equipment preferred but not required.
- A good understanding of the marketplace within the region with a strong background in the offshore/onshore Oil and Gas Marketplace.
- Extensive knowledge of IMO, Solas, and Class Society Regulations.
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills including proficiency in creating and presenting PowerPoint presentations.
- Operational experience/working knowledge of bid/quoting process in the maritime and oil and gas sector.
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
- The successful candidate will be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of customer and internal organizations.
- Ability to read and understand vessel general arrangement and electrical/electronic drawings in AutoCAD and hardcopy.
- Aggressive, competitive, committed, and self-motivated.
- Valid drivers license.
Mackay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all individuals with the experience, skills, and qualifications required are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the UK and pass a thorough background check.