Secretary (Admin Assistant) – Seattle, WA
Mackay is currently seeking an experienced Secretary with the skills and qualification outlined below for our location in Seattle, WA.
The (Office) Secretary is heavily relied on to assist the Depot Manager with the administrative, inventory, and processing of incoming and outgoing inventory for a small office. The administrative responsibilities include greeting visitors, answering telephone and/or emails, maintaining files or spreadsheets, and drafting correspondence or computer generated reports. Other responsibilities include maintaining stockroom records, placing and verifying orders, pricing work orders, and the shipment of inventory.
- Always follows Mackay policies and procedures.
- Acts as a receptionist by greeting guests and maintaining reception area.
- Answers telephone calls, emails, and responds to corporate inquiries and customer requests.
- Coordination of travel arrangements and any related documents for technicians.
- Maintain and update files, internal records, spreadsheets, reports, and correspondence.
- Data entry into Solomon database, processes sales inquiry logs and work orders.
- Coordinate distribution of incoming/outgoing mail, handle shipping requirements of the depot.
- Process weekly billing invoices and remit to customer per their instructions.
- Process expense reports, maintain internal logs for paid time off (vacation/sick), and daily time reports for service engineers.
- Prepare biweekly timesheet for supervisors’ approval review and submit to Payroll.
- Receive and fill orders; issue equipment, parts and/or supplies.
- Assigns service kits to technicians, verifies inventory used and returned, and maintains all related records.
- Contacts OEM and distributors via telephone, fax and/or e-mail to obtain availability and prices of needed equipment parts, or materials.
- Verifies goods received against purchase orders and/or requisitions to ensure completeness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree preferred.
- 3+ Years Office Administration experience
- 2+ Years of Inventory experience preferred.
- Adept at multi-tasking and works well under pressure.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Professional appearance, punctual, and maintains confidentiality.
- Excellent phone etiquette, verbal, and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and commitment to meeting deadlines.
Mackay offers opportunities for growth, training, competitive salary, health/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, and company paid 401K match and pension plan.
Mackay is an equal employment opportunity employer, a veteran’s friendly organization, and veterans with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a thorough background check.
No recruiters – no phone calls!