Service Coordinator – Marine Industry – Panama
Mackay Marine is currently seeking an experienced Service Coordinator, who is fluent in Spanish and English, and has the skills and qualifications outlined below to join our Panama location. Mackay offers competitive salaries, overtime, benefits, and opportunities for growth based on merit.
Service Coordinator Job Summary:
Under the direction of the Service Manager, the Service Coordinator communicates with our clients, accurately assesses their needs, verifies ship arrivals, and dispatches our Marine Service Technicians with the parts needed to perform the job. The coordinator will communicate with all key parties via telephone and email throughout the service experience and diligently help resolve any disputes. A weekend call rotation is required for this 24/7 service industry.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Always follow Mackay’s policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service by answering phone/emails promptly and ensuring that the daily service requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Call agents to check on vessel schedules.
- Validate customer credit.
- Generating service call IDs in company database.
- Communicate job progress with customers, discuss any job problems, and send completion reports.
- Coordinate depot internal logistics to maintain continuity on all work being performed.
- Review all service work, both in progress and when completed, and authorize invoicing.
- Make sure that all daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly depot processes are followed including timely completion of service work, service and parts pricing, time keeping & transfers, inventory control, invoicing, expense reports, and general record keeping.
- Interfaces with parts department, assists with annual physical inventory.
- Dispatch Field Technicians to the job site with proper information and parts needed to perform the job.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for overseas jobs.
- Process repairs from receipt to delivery.
- Assist in facility management and administrative duties.
- Monitors emails and phone calls after hours.
- Weekend call rotations.
Service Coordinator Qualifications
- Two years of university education in electronics is preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish and English a must.
- 3+ Years’ experience in dispatching and field service coordination
- Excellent organization and communication skills is required.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Panama and pass a thorough background check.