Shipping and Receiving Clerk – Raleigh, NC
Mackay is currently seeking an experienced Shipping & Receiving Clerk for corporate headquarters in Raleigh, NC.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk Job Summary:
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk is responsible for the receipt, shipment, tracking, replenishment, storage, and inventory of domestic and international goods. To maintain accurate records on shipments, deliveries, returns, freight, purchases, and inventory. To ensure the warehouse is clean, orderly, secured, and that stored items are physically accessible.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk Responsibilities:
- Professionally and safely pick, pack, and coordinates out/inbound shipments including special deliveries or pickups as required by the customer or manager.
- Use of online shipping programs – UPS, DHL, Federal Express
- Ensures 100% on-time deliveries – does not leave until all outgoing shipments are collected by the carrier.
- Completes bills of lading or other forms required for international shipments such as detailed packing lists, Certificates of Origin, airway bills, and proper use of Commercial Invoice(s), etc.
- Ensures accuracy of orders received; verify material, quantity, part numbers, and serial numbers against shipping documents and company purchase order. Advise shipper of any damages or discrepancies. Logs incoming shipments and delivers to recipients.
- Maintain shipment data including weight, costs, third party billing info if applicable, and tracking numbers.
- Process all depot shipments, expediting where necessary.
- Use the company database to obtain reports, track transfers, shipments, and log inventory items both shipped and received.
- Handle customer service issues that pertain to shipping and receiving of goods.
- Support Marketing by assisting in the preparation of exhibition crates to be shipped to trade shows.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Provide security and control over all goods in the locked area of the warehouse.
- Responsible for always keeping adequate supply of shipping materials on hand.
- Monitor inventory stock levels to support adequate supply, notify supervisor when levels require restocking.
- Restock copier area with paper. Perform minor maintenance jobs, (hanging pictures, changing light bulbs, etc.) on an as-needed basis.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk Qualifications:
- Associate degree (preferred but not required).
- 3+ years of shipping and receiving experience.
- Knowledge and proper use of commercial invoices for overseas shipments.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, Word, Excel, and online shipping software such as UPS, FEDEX, and DHL.
- Knowledge of proper packaging methods and ability to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
- Strong organizational skills a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet established deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience dealing with vendors, coworkers, and customers.
- Works well independently and with moderate supervision.
- Lift up to 70 pounds.
- Will work in office and non-A/C warehouse.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Possess valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
Mackay is an EEO employer, a veterans-friendly organization, and encourages all individuals with the above experience, skills, and qualifications to apply.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a thorough background check.