Technical Coordinator – Houston, TX
Mackay’s World Service (MWS) division is seeking a Technical Coordinator to join our Houston depot in Deer Park, TX.
TECHNICAL COORDINATOR JOB SUMMARY
The MWS team coordinates service on a 24/7 basis for our customers in International and Domestic Ports. The Technical Coordinator communicates with marine shipping customers worldwide via phone, fax, email, or directly with local ship agents and internal managers. Upon completion of service assignments, the Technical Coordinator will follow-up with the customer, review the technicians service report, and prepares invoices. Regular “on call” weekend rotations are required.
TECHNICAL COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITES:
- Provides excellent customer service by answering phones, emails, faxes, and promptly responding accordingly.
- Calling agents to check on vessel movements
- Validating customer credit
- Generating service call IDs in company database, Microsoft DSL
- Sending completion reports to customers
- Interfacing with the parts department
- Always ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, in addition to office processes including timely completion of service work, service pricing, and general record keeping
TECHNICAL COORDINATOR REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ Years’ service coordination experience in the maritime sector
- Associates degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Basic knowledge of Marine Electronics’ service procedures and the technical aspects of servicing electronics onboard vessels of all types.
- Familiarity with marine electronic equipment manufacturers and their current models of equipment is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent client service mentality.
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and administrative skills.
Mackay offers a competitive salary plus bonus plan in addition to health insurance, paid time off (PTO), 401(K) and company-paid pension plan. Mackay is an equal opportunity and veteran-friendly organization. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the USA and pass a thorough background check.