Technical Coordinator – Mumbai, India
Mackay’s World Service (MWS) division is seeking two Technical Coordinators to join our Mumbai, India location.
TECHNICAL COORDINATOR JOB SUMMARY
The MWS team coordinates service on a 24/7 basis, for our customers in International and Domestic Ports. The Technical Coordinator communicates with marine shipping customers worldwide via phone, fax, email, or directly with local ship agents and internal managers. Upon completion of service assignments, the Technical Coordinator will follow-up with the customer, review the technicians service report, and prepares invoices. Regular “on call” weekend rotations are required.
TECHNICAL COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITES:
- Provides excellent customer service by answering phones, emails, faxes, and promptly responding accordingly.
- Calling agents to check on vessel movements
- Validating customer credit
- Generating service call IDs in company database, Microsoft DSL
- Sending completion reports to customers
- Interfacing with the parts department
- Always ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, in addition to office processes including timely completion of service work, service pricing, and general record keeping
TECHNICAL COORDINATOR REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ Years’ service coordination experience in the maritime sector
- Basic knowledge of Marine Electronics’ service procedures and the technical aspects of servicing electronics onboard vessels of all types.
- Familiarity with marine electronic equipment manufacturers and their current models of equipment is required.
- Must be fluent in English coupled with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent client service mentality.
- Have MTS or equivalent (RTM) or Higher Secondary (12th Pass) (IND)
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and administrative skills.Candidates must provide valid passport and/or identification and pass a background check.
Candidates who have the experience and requirements are encouraged to submit their CV in English and PDF format. Mackay is an Equal Opportunity Employer who offers a competitive salary, overtime, bonus, and benefits.