Training Coordinator – Mumbai, India
Mackay Communications, Inc. is seeking an experienced Training Coordinator who is highly proficient in English, to join our 6-person HR team and will work remotely from our office in Mumbai, India. Work hours are 11:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Training Coordinator consults with managers to identify job related training needs for all Mackay employees, including field technicians, inside, outside, and counter salespeople, etc. The Training Coordinator will interface with each Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to obtain a schedule of factory training classes being held, type of equipment, locations, dates, number of seats available, and perform a training justification analysis. The Training Coordinator will keep up with the stipulated training and timeframe requirements for new technicians, as well as monitoring expiring certifications and ensuring their renewal. The Training Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling attendees, assisting with flight, transportation, and accommodation arrangements. Will also maintain related course, Class Society, and certification spreadsheets; secures copies of licenses and certifications and updates technician certification records and folders accordingly.
- Work hours are 11:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Interfaces with OEMs to obtain schedules of training classes being offered, secures seats; and negotiates for additional seats if needed.
- Setup and/or maintains the Training Master spreadsheet for each and all classes offered including the name of manufacturer, type of equipment, locale, and dates/times. Will also create or maintain a spreadsheet of all pertinent information for each class attendant including recommended hotels, air and ground transportation, distance from airport to hotel, hotel to training, provided meals, etc.
- Collaborate with managers to identify training or re-certification needs, manage class scheduling, and work with technicians to ensure that travel, hotel, and transportation arrangements are made in timely and most cost-efficient manner. Provide all attending technicians with spreadsheet of all information one week before the class.
- Communicate through emails weekly, or as often as necessary to keep current on all training schedules and changes.
- After class completion, follow up with training provider and/or attendees to obtain certificates and download into the Certificate & License folder. Also update the Training Master with new expiration dates.
- Ensure all updated Class Society Certificates are downloaded to SharePoint folders upon receipt from the depots and update the Class Society spreadsheet as well.
- Prepare, maintain, and provide employee training materials for specific roles such as outside sales, management training, etc.
- Arrange safety and Harassment training for all locations plus OSHA training for USA. Maintain supporting records in training files and employee files.
- Develops and documents training procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ Years’ experience as Training Coordinator or similar role.
- Highly proficient in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Organized, attention to detail.
Mackay offers a competitive salary, health insurance and paid time off. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India and pass a thorough background check.