Service Coordinator – New Orleans
Mackay is currently seeking a Service Coordinator, with experience on the marine industry, to join our Harahan, LA location.
Service Coordinator Job Summary:
Under the direction of the Service Manager, the Service Coordinator communicates with our clients’, accurately assess their needs, verifies ship arrivals, and dispatches our Marine Service Technicians with the parts needed to perform the job. The coordinator will communicate with all key parties via telephone and email throughout the service experience and diligently help resolve any disputes. A weekend call rotation is required for this 24/7 service industry.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide excellent customer service by answering phone and emails promptly and ensuring that the daily service requirements of all customers are met in a timely manner.
- Call agents to check on vessel schedules.
- Validate customer credit.
- Generating service call IDs in company database.
- Communicate job progress with customers, discuss any job problems, and send completion reports.
- Coordinate depot internal logistics to maintain continuity on all work being performed.
- Review all service work, both in progress and when completed, and authorize for invoicing.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly depot processes are followed including timely completion of service work, service and parts pricing, time keeping, time transfers, inventory control, customer invoicing, expense reports, and general record keeping.
- Interfaces with parts department, assists with annual physical inventory.
- Dispatch Field Technicians to the job site with proper information and parts needed to perform the job.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for overseas jobs.
- Process repairs from receipt to delivery.
- Assist in facility management and administrative duties.
- Monitors emails and phone calls after hours.
- Weekend call rotations.
- Some college preferred but not required.
- 3+ Years’ experience in dispatching and field service coordination.
- Possess excellent organization and communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Valid Drivers License and reliable transportation is required.
Mackay is an EEO employer, a veterans-friendly organization, and veterans or non-veterans with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the USA and pass a thorough background check.