JRC JUE-60GX (Ka-band) Global Xpress Antenna System is backed by the resilient L-band FleetBroadband family (JRC JUE-251 or JUE-501) and a Network Service Device, that together will improve operational efficiency, and offers unsurpassed reliability, even with heavy precipitation and antenna blockage.
The new ultra-fast GX service is designed for reliability as well as speed. Inmarsat’s Fleet Xpress hybrid service (Ka-band Global Xpress JUE-60GX backed by L-band resilience FleetBroadband family JUE-251 or JUE-501 and a Network Service Device) will take your operational efficiency to the next level, providing unsurpassed reliability, even with heavy precipitation and antenna blockage*.
The design of a lightweight but ultra strong radome for the Ka-band environment has been a particular challenge. JRC engineers used a 3 layer sandwich Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP) with a special resin-honeycomb structure for the core of just a few millimeters. The honeycomb structure gives the radome high strength and is extremely lightweight. The radome is dipped in a bath of resin and shaped in an oven, so as to achieve a curved structure without excessive mechanical force or heating. Installation is quick and easy. With such a lightweight antenna the vessel’s downtime is minimal, no crane necessary for installation, and the onboard setup will be just as simple as it is today for FreetBroadband.
Inmarsat’s new ultra-fast Global Xpress Network is designed for reliability and speed; adapted for the maritime environment with its Fleet Xpress hybrid service.
- Redundancy – combining Inmarsat’s ground & satellite network with interconnecting shipborne 60 GX Ka-band terminal and JRC’s FleetBroadband antennas
- Small, Lightweight, Durable & ultra-strong radome for the Ka-band environment and ease of installation
- Compact core module (made by iDirect) in the terminal, fitted below deck.
- For optimal connectivity, two separate coax cables (60m max) to transmit/receive
- Flexible GX terminal; web-based operation similar to our FleetBroadband solution
- JRC’s GX solution supports our proprietary Remote Maintenance System (RMS)
- Developing JRC’s first ‘shared space’ for our users; GX will be a central part of JRC jMarine Cloud
Request more info on this product