The Standard Horizon Quantum GX5500S meets the requirements for Class D with a separate Channel 70 receiver, which allows DSC calls to be received even when listening to traffic on Marine VHF channels.
The DSC DISTRESS function when activated transmits a digital MAYDAY including vessel identification, Latitude / Longitude and time (with GPS connected), to facilitate prompt response. Additional calls that can be made are Individual, Urgency and Safety.
If the GX5500S fails for any reason (including water damage) during normal use for the first 3 years of ownership, STANDARD HORIZON will repair or replace it free, without hassles or charges. If it fails for anytime thereafter in normal use, for as long as the original purchaser owns the radio, STANDARD Horizon’s Lifetime Flat Rate and Customer Loyalty Service Programs will cover it.
- 30 Watt PA/Loud Hailer with pre-programmed fog signals and listen back
- Bass and Treble tone control
- IUT-R M493-12 VHF with commercial grade 80dB receiver
- Full dot matrix LCD display
- Submersible JIS-7 / IPX7 (3.3 feet for 30 minutes)
- Independent Channel 70 receiver built-in for continuous DSC watch
- LAT/LON, SOG and COG shown on display when connected to GPS
- Removable ClearVoice noise canceling speaker mic with channel selection and 16/9 key
- Front panel speaker microphone can be relocated to rear panel using optional MEK-4
- Versatile user-programmable scanning, priority scan and Dual Watch
- Voice Scrambler (optional)
- One-button access to Channel 16 and 9
- Large rotary knobs, and oversized display
- Capable of connecting to RAM3+ second station optional Remote Access Mic
- Intercom between radio and second station microphone
- Overall Dimensions: 3.5″H x 9.1″W x 5.9″D
- Flush Mount Cutout: 2.8″H x 8.1″W
- 3-Year Waterproof Warranty
Request more info on this product
Request service for this product