Cobham EXPLORER 8120 VSAT (Ku-Band) is a 1.2 meter stabilized, Auto-Acquire, Drive-Away VSAT Antenna System, which harnesses the same Dynamic Pointing Correction technology and carbon fiber construction introduced with the 1 meter EXPLORER 8100 model.
Employing the unique Dynamic Pointing Correction technology, inherited from our maritime SAILOR VSAT antennas, enable the EXPLORER 8100 and 8120 to maintain reliable connectivity; avoiding the “typical” standard vehicle-mount “satellite connection-loss” caused by the slightest movement of the vehicle, due to high winds or even passengers getting in and out. In the field, the EXPLORER 8000 series delivers availability of communications, regardless of conditions, enhanced by Cobham’s industry-leading satellite acquisition rate; once pointed, within four minutes.
Traditional vehicle mounted ‘Comms-On-The-Pause’ VSAT antennas can lose connection to the satellite with even the slightest movement of the vehicle on its suspension caused by high winds or people getting in and out. EXPLORER 8120 isn’t a traditional VSAT antenna. With EXPLORER 8120 you can enjoy continuous connectivity services even if the vehicle rocks thanks to the unique ‘Dynamic Pointing Correction’ system. Using lessons learned from Cobham SATCOM’s maritime stabilized VSAT antennas, EXPLORER 8120 offers the most reliable connectivity available in its class.
The 8120 system is available in Ku-band configuration and works with most major satellite networks.
- Rugged, Reliable 1.2m Auto-Acquire Drive-Away Antenna
- Single Piece 1.2m Offset Feed Carbon Fiber Reflector
- Built-in Wifi & a Web-based User Interface simplifies configuration w/ PCs & SmartPhones
- Precision Polarization Drive
- Harmonic Drive Gear systems
- Dynamic Pointing Correction ensures satellite tracking
- Available in an 8W BUC, 20W BUC, & a no-BUC option
- Advanced Blocking Zone Functionality
Request more info on this product