The McMurdo E8 / G8 EPIRB is MEOSAR Compatible® for enhanced detection and location performance. The G8 range includes an industry first, a four-frequency EPIRB, combining the global alerting of 406 MHz with the localized locating and tracking power of AIS.
The G8 AIS is the first EPIRB to have standard 406MHz, 121MHz & GPS capabilities AND include AIS for localized rescue. This combination is a result of new technology but also new attitudes to
AIS as a search and rescue tool, plus the realization that accelerated alert detection and location accuracy will save even more lives. This technology partnership will also help reduce demands
on the Search & Rescue authorities as it should help vessel owners detect and resolve accidental activation through visibility of AIS signals.
• Faster alert detection on the 406 MHz frequency through our MEOSAR compatibility
• The world’s first QUADROTECH® EPIRB, with four search and rescue frequencies, the SmartFind G8 AIS supports the Alert, Locate, Tracking and Recovery elements of search and rescue
• Greater location accuracy by receiving GNSS coordinates from a wider range of satellite constellations
• World’s first convergence of 406 and AIS, combining the global alerting of 406 MHz with the localized locating and tracking power of AIS
• The only EPIRB manufacturer that also builds and supports the Cospas-Sarsat ecosystems infrastructure, making the benefits of MEOSAR a reality
Request more info on this product
Request service for this product