Cobham SAILOR 3965 UHF Fire Fighter Radio is specifically designed for SOLAS Chapter II-2 requirements to maximize fire safety at sea. No other radio is more equipped to help keep your crew and vessels safe, regardless of conditions.
Keep your Fleet from Being Detained
SOLAS Chapter II-2* requires every SOLAS-regulated ships to include specified fire safety communications equipment. Non-complying vessels can be detained, incurring significant costs and delays to shipping schedule and operations, let alone significant benefits during a dangerous fire scenario.
- Heavy-duty IP67 portable UHF radio
- ATEX Class II 2 G Ex ib IIB T4
- IEC 60945 maritime approved
- UHF frequency for optional coverage below deck
- Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System (CTCSS) for secure group communications
- Standard built-in audio feedback
- Easy-to-read display for channel identification
- Large tactile buttons for easy operation
- Red color for quick identification
- Pre-charged battery option for emergencies & back-up
- Kits available
SOLAS Chapter II-2, Regulation 10. 10.4
- For ships constructed on or after 1 July 2014, a minimum of two two-way portable radiotelephone apparatus for each fire party for fire-fighter´s communication shall be carried on board
- Those two two-way radiotelephone apparatus shall be of an explosion-proof type or intrinsically safe
- Ships constructed before 1 July 2014 shall comply with the requirements of this paragraph not later than the first survey after 1 July 2018
FCC Approved radios will not be available until the Fall of 2018.
Contact Mackay Marine for more information.
Request more info on this product