The Simrad Halo – 6 Radar is the world’s first high performance, solid-state radar with pulse compression technology designed specifically for recreational mariners. However, unlike traditional pulse radars, Halo Radar isn’t reliant on a high-powered magnetron to transmit. Instead, Halo Radar uses solid state electronics and low power 25W pulsed, frequency-swept transmission bursts to deliver pulse radar-like range and resolution, without the associated warm-up time, power consumption, or electromagnetic emissions.
Thus, Combining the best characteristics of traditional pulse and FMCW broadband radar systems, Simrad Halo Radar uses Pulse Compression technology to provide an unprecedented mix of long and short detection range, high target definition, and minimal clutter in an affordable package for commercial operators. However, Solid State technology means minimal warm-up time and maximum ocean-going reliability, while compliance with upcoming Low Emission standards makes Halo Radar safe to run in ports and harbors.
- True 72nm range with 6-foot open array antenna
- Beam Sharpening with Target Separation Control
- Dual Range operation
- Advanced signal processing with Custom, Harbor, Offshore, Weather, and BIRD modes
- High-speed 48RPM operation
- InstantOn™, ready in 16-25 seconds from power-on, instant from standby
- MARPA target tracking, up to 10 targets (20 with dual range)
- Low electromagnetic emissions and radiation
- Low power consumption with 12/24V operation
- Ethernet connectivity
- Unique blue LED accent lighting with brightness control
Request more info on this product
Request service for this product